Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre Sep 1939 AWMM Kiwi Road, Taihape, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mr W.C. Gregory (father), Kiwi Road, Taihape, New Zealand AWMM
- WW2 POW - Stalag XVIII-A, Wolfsberg, Austria AWMM
Corinth, Greece AWMM
1 May 1941 AWMM
- WW2 POW - Greece List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
- WW2 POW - Stalag 383, Hohenfels, Bavaria, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
WWII 202 AWMM
WW2 13 November 1945 AWMM Private AWMM
Jack Gregory was educated at Taihape. He married Megan and they had two sons, Neal and Derek.
He was a keen rugby player for Hautapu Club and then Taihape team. He also played for Wanganui in rep matches. He also played hockey, and was a keen boxer (heavyweight).
He served overseas 5 January 1940 - 4 August 1945 and served in New Zealand 3 October 1939 to 4 January 1940 and 5 August 1945 to 13 November 1945.
He died in Wanganui Hospital and the funeral was held at Taihape on 1 June 1993. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Jack Gregory by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- List of 2NZEF Prisoners of War. 1941-1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2009/8. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 1 (Embarkations to 31st March, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.