Also known as
26 October 1920 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 24 November 1940 AWMM 52 Tainui Rd, Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Dorothy Kay (mother), Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 26 May 1941 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Harold Kay was the son of Dorothy Kay, of Glen Eden, Auckland, New Zealand.
Flight Sergeant Harold Kay was the pilot of a Blenheim aircraft which crashed near Allahabad on 12 May 1942. He suffered severe injuries from which he later died on the British Military Hospital, Allabad on the 13 May 1942. He was buried in the Cantonment Cemetery, Allahabad, with Service Honours.
Remembered on the Takapuna War Memorial, The Strand, Takapuna. AWMM
- Takapuna War Memorial, The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Takapuna War Memorial, (ex RSA Roll, on a boulder), The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Takapuna Grammar School War Memorial, (Foyer, Library), 210 Lake Road, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Memorial Drive, 1939-1945, Devonport Memorial Drive, Auckland AWMM
- Memorial Drive, Lake Road, Devonport, Auckland AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Harold Kay by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
|24 August 2017||Jenifer||Wairarapa||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.