Percy Harold AWMM
Also known as
WWI 40435 AWMM
4 November 1896 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Rubena Evelyn Comrie (wife), care of Nicholson, Domain Gardens, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 13 August 1917 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of John and Louis Comrie of Pukekohe, Auckland; husband of Mrs Mrs Rubena Evelyn Comrie (nee Nicholson), Domain Gardens, Auckland, New Zealand.
Attended Pukekohe East Primary School starting in 1902.
Remembered at Pukekohe Intermediate School, with Memorial stones & loving memory roses.
Attended St John's College 1912 - 1913
A framed commemoration with 13 photographs of former students who fought in World War 1 is displayed in the Pukekohe East Primary School Hall and a copy is the Playcentre , the building was formerly old school. AWMM
1 October 1918 AWMM
Age 21 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
St Sever Cemetery Extension, Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France AWMM R. IV. C. 8. AWMM
- Pukekohe Intermediate School, WW1, Memorial stones & loving memory roses AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Percy Harold Comrie by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Percy Harold Comrie
Percy Comrie's direct descendants were brought up at Drummie Farm Fowlis Wester near Crieff Scotland.I am also from the same lineage of Comries and stay in Fowlis Wester.I wondered if Percy had visited his cousins at Fowlis Wester when he arrived in Glasgow prior to being sent to the front in 1917?
Public - Crawford - Other relative - 5 November 2018
Thank you for the opportunity to contribute on the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war and record the sacrifices made by Percy and other Comrie New Zealanders whose names I have seen recorded at Auckland Museum.
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
70: 5 AWMM
- King's College, Auckland. (1918). King's College, Auckland : the Great War, 1914-18. Auckland, N.Z.: The College. AWMM
- Franklin county news AWMM
Alexander, E. (2 March 2006). Memorial Stones ceremony organised. Franklin County News. AWMM
- Miller, R. (Ed.). (2012). Pukekohe's memorial stones. Auckland, N.Z.: Franklin Historical Society. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
|05 November 2018||Crawford||Fowlis Wester Crieff Scotland||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.