Thomas Henry Edmund AWMM
Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Manurewa House, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
- unknown AWMM
- Mrs T.H.E. Oakes (wife), C/o Bank of New Zealand, London, England AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Thomas Oakes was the son of Thomas Harry Royal Oakes and of Ada Oakes (nee Beloe), of Walberswick, Suffolk; husband of Yvonne E. Oakes, of Auckland, New Zealand.
He also served as Major, Royal Field Artillery, 1914-18. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Alamein Memorial, El Alamein War Cemetery, Egypt AWMM
- Roll of Honour, Officers' Club Auckland, The Northern Club, 19 Princes Street, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Thomas Henry Edmund Oakes by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Thomas Henry Edmund Oakes
Its a shame we have wars amongst people, I've lived with the devastation of missing family members, and the troubles of those that were 'lucky' enough to return, but without the bravery of the men and women of the 1st and 2nd WW, including Thomas, I would not be here to research my family.
Public - Linda - Other relative - 26 August 2017
- Army Medal Office. WWI Medal Index Cards,1914-1920. AWMM
Ancestry.com. British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008. Original data: Army Medal Office. WWI Medal Index Cards. In the care of The Western Front Association. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 2 (Embarkations to 30th June, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 2: WW2 140 AWMM
|26 August 2017||Linda||England||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.