Also known as
WWI 19/109 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 6 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
147 pounds AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Remarks, Unknown Period AWMM
to be allowed to go to Samoa, special permission AWMM
WW1 21 June 1918 AWMM
No longer physically fit for war service on account of illness contracted on active service, chronic neuritis AWMM Private AWMM Samoan Relief Force AWMM
Son of Catherine (Katherine) Harwood and George Harwood.
Husband of Maria (nee Miller) married 19 May 1917.
Appointed Cook October 1915
Retired October 1915
Transferred to New Zealand for duty April 1917
Taken on Strength Samoan Garrison June 1917
Returned to New Zealand March 1918, medically unfit.
Not listed by CWGC AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember George Harwood by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 311 AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
63: 1 AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.