Archie Campbell AWMM
Also known as
WWI N/N AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW1 Paekakarki AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Mrs Mary Eleanor Hall (mother), Huntley, Waikato AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Son of Archie and Mary E. Hall, of Great South Rd., Huntly.
Recorded as no number at Archives New Zealand.
Not listed in Nominal Roll as died before embarkation. AWMM
- HALL. – On the 18th December, at Featherston Military Hospital, from spinal meningitis, Private Archie Campbell Hall, N.Z.M.C., 22nd Reinforcement, eldest son of Mrs M. Hall, of Huntly; aged 27 years. (Late relief staff, N.Z.R.)
Greater love hath none than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Railway Review, 9 March 1917, p 101 Public - Jenifer - Researcher - 4 September 2017 - Railway Workers Obituaries : New Zealand History : www.nzhistory.govt.nz
- Featherston Cemetery Memorial, Featherston, New Zealand AWMM
- Railways Roll of Honour board. Wellington Railway Station, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Image provided by John Halpin 2017, CC BY John Halpin 2017. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Archie Campbell Hall by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Archie Campbell Hall
- The Evening Post AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.