Beamish Blake AWMM
Also known as
- 1/1572152 AWMM
- 41591 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 8 August 1940 AWMM Shortt Avenue, Mangere Bridge, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Madge Lilian Bruford (mother), Shortt Avenue, Mangere Bridge, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 18 March 1943 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 4.25 inches AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Died of Disease, Cause of Death AWMM
Heart attack AWMM
Royal Army Medical Core, Papakura 14 August 1940 - 14 December 1940 (discharged at own request). New Zealand 1 November 1941 - 17 March 1943 (1 year 137 days).
Overseas from 18 March 1943 to 30 December 1943 (288 days). Back to New Zealand 31 December 1943 to 5 February 1944 (37 Days).
Promoted to Lance Sergeant 30 June 1943.
Two sons, brothers Beamish Blake Bruford (1/1572152 2/415941) and Percival Ian Bruford (34405) served in WW2
Married Hilda Alice George (Source: Mangere Historical Society)
Son of Charles Frederick and Madge Lillian (nee Pullman) Bruford (Source: Mangere Historical Society) AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Beamish Blake Bruford by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Beamish Blake Bruford
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1945). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 10 (Embarkations from 1st January, 1943 to 31st March, 1943). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 10: WW2 12 AWMM
- Mangere Historical Society: This record was kindly researched by the Mangere Historical Society. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.