Also known as
WWI 15/200 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 5 August 1914 AWMM New Zealand Military Headquarters AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs R. Logan (wife), 39 Venner Road, Sydenham, S.E. London, England AWMM
Pre 15 August 1914 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Father: Thomas Logan - a tenant farmer
Mother: Euphemia Helen Logan
Education: Edinburgh Academy
1881: Arrived in New Zealand
After seizing German Samoa he was to stay there for the entire duration of the war and had the title of Administrator of Samoa.
He left Samoa in January 1919
He left New Zealand for Devonshire, England and then went to live in Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Colonel Logan is buried in the family tomb at Carnwath, Lanarkshire.
Auckland Museum Scars on the Heart World War 1 " Seizing German Samoa " display. Display item is Proclamation No. 13 (refers to paying "natives") - issued by Robert Logan, Colonial Administrator of Samoa, dated 9th day of March 1915 at Apia. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Robert Logan by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Military Personnel file AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 423 AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume IV. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
80: 19 AWMM
- Scholefield, G.H. (1940). A dictionary of New Zealand biography. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs. AWMM
Doug Munro. 'Logan, Robert' AWMM
- The Dictionary of New Zealand biography. 1901-1920 (Vol. 3). (1996). Auckland, N.Z.: Auckland University Press : Department of Internal Affairs. AWMM
- Waterson, G. (1934). History of the Logan family. Edinburgh, Scotland: Waterson. AWMM
- New Zealand Journal of History AWMM
Boyd, M. (1968). The military administration of Western Samoa, 1914--1919. New Zealand Journal of History 2, No 2 (Oct.), pp. 148-164. AWMM
- Mackenzie, N.S. (1989). Gateway to Maniototo : a history of Kyeburn and Kokonga Districts. Ranfurly, N.Z.: Kyeburn-Kokonga Schools Centennial Committee. AWMM
- McFarland, Robert, Rober Duffus McFarland - Papers, 1914-1935, Auckland War Memorial Museum, MS-2015-22 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2020). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-5). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.