Kathleen Susan AWMM
Also known as
WWI 22/111 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Her sister-in-law in South Africa was very ill after the death of her son so Auntie Kitty was granted leave to nurse her, then went back.
Nursed at Rotorua Hospital through flu epidemic which was blamed for her heart condition.
Attended Auckland University College (now the University of Auckland). AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Kathleen Susan Cumming by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Kathleen Susan Cumming
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 167 AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
42: 2 AWMM
- Service Women Project: Sponsorship to research this record was kindly provided by the Auckland Returned Services Association, Returned Servicewomen's Branch; Marjorie Traill, Dorothy Grant, Daphne Shaw and Margaret Woollett. AWMM
- A.U.C. roll of honour, 1914 - 1920. MSS & Archives E-2, Special Collections, University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. AWMM
- Liverpool, Arthur William de Brito Savile Foljambe, Earl of, (compiler). (1916). The New Zealand hospital ship "Maheno" : the first voyage July 1915 to January 1916. Auckland, N.Z.: Whitcombe and Tombs Limited. AWMM
- McNabb, S. (2015). 100 years New Zealand military nursing : New Zealand Army nursing service : Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps, 1915-2015. Hawke's Bay, N.Z.: Sherayl McNabb. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.