Brian Gerald AWMM
Also known as
WWI 13/1067 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW1 Tonga, Pacific Islands AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Messrs De Latour, Barker, and Stock, Administrators, Gisborne, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 13 June 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Brian Mahoney was the son of Cornelius and Harriet Isabella Mahoney, Ruatoki, Bay of Plenty.
He left New Zealand in June 1915 as a Trooper in the 4 Auckland Mounted Rifles.
Listed as Mahoney by CWGC and Archives New Zealand. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Brian Gerald Mahoney by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Brian Gerald Mahoney
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 477 AWMM
- Martyn, E. (1998-2008). For Your Tomorrow (Vols. 1-3). Christchurch, N.Z.: Volplane Press. AWMM
- Research for this record was kindly provided by the Nga Wahi Pakanga I Karipori Charles Timutimu Research (August 2014). This project focused on the men of the Te Urewera area who fought in the 1st World War 1914 - 1918. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
- Harper, G., Clements, C., & Johns., R. (2019). For King and Other Countries: The New Zealanders Who Fought in Other Services in the First World War. Auckland, New Zealand: Massey University Press. AWMM
p. 110-112 AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
- Scadden, J. (2018). Broken branches : New Zealand families who lost three or more children in the Great War. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.