Eng King AWMM
How Chow AWMM
Also known as
- George E.K. How Chow AWMM
- Eang King How Chow AWMM
- How Chow AWMM
- England AWMM
- Eng King AWMM
WWI 54750 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 8 February 1917 AWMM Te Waiti, Opotiki, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Sophia How Chow (mother), Te Waiti, Otara, Gisborne, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 July 1917 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 5.5 inches AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
Son of George How Chow and Sophia How Chow.
He attested he was working with his mother at the time of enlistment
Returned to New Zealand on the Cordoba.
Served as Eng King How Chow. Name listed as Eang Hing How Chow by BDM, births and Probate. Name listed as George by BDM, deaths AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Eng King How Chow by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Eng King How Chow
eng was my great grandmothers brother. I met him once when I was a child. My son bears a strong resemblance to him. A very interesting family tree. Something to be proud of.
Public - Lynette ellen - Other Relative - 29 July 2015
Anzac Day, 25/4/2015 remembering my uncle and all of those people who served in war.
Public - Dianne Natalie - Other Relative - 25 April 2015
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
68: 14 AWMM
- Bay of Plenty Times AWMM
A Missing China Man. Bay of Plenty Times, Volume XXXVI, Issue 5102, 6 September 1907, Page 3 AWMM
- Kennedy, A. (2015). Chinese Anzacs : Australians of Chinese descent in the defence forces 1885-1919 (revised to include New Zealand-born Chinese of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force 1914-1919) (2nd ed). Wellington: New Zealand Chinese Association. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
|29 July 2015||Lynette ellen||Brisbane. australia||Other Relative||
|02 May 2015||Sean||GISBORNE||Other Relative||
|25 April 2015||Dianne Natalie||Sydney, Australia||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.