Patrick Augustine AWMM
Also known as
- WWI 3/2859 AWMM
- WWII 31821 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Hospital Diseases , Wounds, WWI AWMM
Wounded three times. AWMM
- Died of Sickness, Cause of Death AWMM
Died of sickness AWMM
- Son of James John and Elizabeth Anne Ardagh, of Ngapara, Otago, New Zealand.
Husband of L.H. Ardagh, of Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand.
Recommended for VC.
Appointed Assistant Director of Medical Services (ADMS), 2 NZ Division, May 1942.
Appointed Deputy Director of Medical Services (DDMS), 30th Corp British Army, February 1943.
The CWGC website incorrectly lists Ardagh's age at death as 56. He was actually 52. AWMM
- The CWGC website is correct in listing Ardagh's age at death as 56 years. He was born on 30 August 1887. Refer bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz Public - Teresa Gladys - Researcher - 20 February 2018 - bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz
6 April 1944 AWMM
Age 52 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Brookwood Military Cemetery, Woking, Surrey, England AWMM 8. A. 15 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Patrick Augustine Ardagh by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Patrick Augustine Ardagh
Brigadier P A Ardagh is the Patron of the 1968 Class of Regular Force Cadets. His patronage and 50 years of the Class will be celebrated in January 2018 by members of Ardagh Class
Public - Allan - 1 December 2015
- Haigh, J. (1983). Men of faith and courage: the official history of the New Zealand Chaplains Department. Auckland, N.Z.: The Word Publishers. AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
52: 26 AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 3 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1940 to 31st March, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 3: WW2 17 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
|20 February 2018||Teresa Gladys||Timaru, New Zealand||Researcher||
|01 December 2015||Allan||Whanganui New Zealand||Other||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.