Robert Boyd AWMM
Also known as
R.B. Dawson AWMM
- WWII 11727 AWMM
- Vietnam 30039 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Adjutant to 23 Battalion, 1940.
Brigade Major (BM) for 5 NZ Infantry Brigade, Greece and Crete.
BM for 6 NZ Infantry Brigade, Western Desert, 1942-43.
Instructor at RMC Duntroon, 1943-46.
Commanding Officer (CO) of 3 Battalion, NZ Regt, Japan, 1947-48.
Member of SEATO staff, 1957.
Commander of 28 Commonwealth Infantry Brigade, 1962-65.
Commander of NZ Northern Military District (NMD), 1968.
Chief of the General Staff (CGS), 1969.
Aide-de-camp (ADC) to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Retired 1970. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Robert Boyd Dawson by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Robert Boyd Dawson
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1942). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 5 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1941 to 30 September, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
- This record was created from data kindly provided by the New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. AWMM
- Subritzky, M. (1990). The Subritzky legend. Waikanae, N.Z.: Heritage Press. AWMM
- Hall, C. (2014). No front line : inside stories of New Zealand's Vietnam War. Auckland, New Zealand : Penguin Books. AWMM
- Ross, A. (1959). 23 Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
|24 April 2015||Christopher Robert||Palmerston North, New Zealand||Child||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.