Also known as
WWI 44997 AWMM
- Male AWMM
- Male Public - Caroline - Other Relative - 7 April 2015 - Military Personnel File
Roman Catholic Public - Caroline - Other Relative - 7 April 2015 - Various items in the 'Akaroa Mail' 1915-17, available via 'Papers Past' website.
Date of birth
17 November 1893 Public - Paul - Researcher - 23 February 2015 - Military personnel file and Bank of New Zealand Archives.
Place of birth
Akaroa, Canterbury, New Zealand Public - Paul - Researcher - 23 February 2015 - Military personnel file and Bank of New Zealand Archives.
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs H. Glasson (mother), Jollie Street, Akaroa, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Text of the Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand: 'In Memoriam: The names inscribed upon this tablet are those of officers of the Bank of New Zealand who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919 waged against the nations of central Europe - Germany, Austria, Turkey and Bulgaria - who sought by force of arms to obtain world-wide dominion. In honour of their patriotism and valour. In admiration of their sacrifice. And in grateful perpetuation of their glorious and ennobling memory this monument is reverently dedicated. Their Name Liveth for Evermore.'
Bank of New Zealand Staff Member. AWMM
- Memorial plaque is now located on ground floor of Bank of New Zealand premises at Harbour Quays, Wellington. Public - Paul - Researcher - 23 February 2015 - BNZ Museum
Date of death
Age at death
23 Public - Paul - Researcher - 22 February 2015 - Bank of New Zealand Archives.
Place of death
Cause of death
Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand (Officers of the BNZ who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919), BNZ Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Martin Daly by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Bank of New Zealand officers who enlisted for military service in the First World War. Research completed by Paul Hickford (2014-2017). AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
60: 4 AWMM
|06 April 2015||Caroline||Wellington NZ||Other Relative||
|22 February 2015||Paul||West Auckland||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.