Also known as
27 August 1876 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
- South African Pre 11 April 1902 AWMM Sussex Street, Newtown, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- WW1 Pre 3 January 1917 AWMM C/o Mrs Butler, Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Mrs Florence Louise Roderick (wife), C/o Mrs Butler, Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 5 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
10 stone 12 pounds AWMM
- Hospital Diseases , Wounds, WWI AWMM
Gassed with mustard gas during WWI AWMM
- Died of Disease, Cause of Death AWMM
Death due to war service, cancer of the oesophagus. AWMM
Son of Joseph Roderick and Margaret Roderick.
Husband of Florence Louise Roderick (nee Booth), of Maeroa St., Frankton Junction. Father of Josephine Mary Roderick b 8 February 1915; and Cecil born 23 September 1919.
His wife's brother, Cecil Frank Booth (21485), was killed in WW1. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Emanuel Roderick by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
57: 6 AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2002). Rough Riders at War: history of New Zealand's involvement in the Anglo-Boer war 1899-1902 and information on all members of the ten New Zealand contingents. Author: Hamilton, N.Z. AWMM
Stowers, R. (2011). Rough riders at war. (7th ed.) Hamilton, N.Z.: The Author. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.