Percy Herbert AWMM
Also known as
Putt Windleborn AWMM
WWI 80399 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 31 January 1918 AWMM Brightwater, Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs E. Windleborn (wife), Brightwater, Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 1 August 1918 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 10 inches AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
First child of Heinrich and Dorothea Windleborn.
Married Ethel Newth at Spring Grove on 4 June 1913. They had no children.
When he enlisted in 1918, Percy gave his birth year as 1890 rather than 1885, making it appear that he was only 28.
Returned to New Zealand on 23 July 1919.
He died suddenly while in his rail carriage office at Waiiti station. AWMM
27 March 1945 AWMM
Age 58 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Brightwater Cemetery, Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Percy Herbert Windleborn by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Percy Herbert Windleborn
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume IV. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
88: 12 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.