Also known as
WWI 10/3828 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Full name Albert John APTED, parents William and Emma Public - Brian - Researcher - 1 July 2016 - The Argus (Melbourne) 24 October, 1917 : http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/1658156
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Emma Apted (mother), Nerim Post-office, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 11.5" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
148 lb AWMM
- Albert Apted was the son of Mrs. Emma Apted, of Neerim, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia.
Mother: Mrs Emma Apted, Neerim, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia AWMM
- APTED. -Killed in action (France) on the 4th October, Private Albert John (Bert), dearly beloved son of Emma and the late William Apted, of Neerim, aged 35 years.
God grant his noble sacrifice
May not have been in vain,
And grant that o'er this blood-stained world
A holy peace may reign.
-(Inserted by his sorrowing mother, brothers, Public - Brian - Researcher - 1 July 2016 - The Argus (Melbourne) : http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/1658156
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Tyne Cot Memorial, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Zonnebeke, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Albert Apted by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
26: 11 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
|01 July 2016||Brian||Melbourne, Australia||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.