Thomas George AWMM
Also known as
- WWI 11/137 AWMM
- WWI 11/187 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Mangaonoho, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
G.A. Ball (father), Railway Department, Mangaonoho, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 10" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
140 lb AWMM
- Thomas Ball was the son of George Alfred and Mary Ann Ball, of Hunterville, New Zealand. Of Palmerston North
Serial Number is recorded as11/137in Nominal Rolls, as 11/187 in Archives New Zealand
Embarked Wellington, 16 October 1914; disembarked Alexandria, 3 December 1914.
Embarked to join the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force, Gallipoli, 9 May 1915.
Reported missing, Anzac Cove, 9 August 1915.
Booard of Enquiry, held at Anzac, 14 December 1915, concluded 'Killed in action, 9 August 1915'.
Parents: George Alfred and Mary Ann Ball, Hunterville. Native of Palmerston North AWMM
- Born March 1890
Father's name may have been Alfred George Ball (not George Alfred) Public - Annabel - Other Relative - 8 April 2015 - My source is my Family Tree written by my Great Uncle. My great, great uncle was Alfred George Ball who left England 30 Dec 1879 and arrived in NZ on 17 April 1880.
Roll of Honour
Remember Thomas George Ball by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Thomas George Ball
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 31 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
|07 June 2015||Stephen||Christchurch||Researcher||
|08 April 2015||Annabel||Dunedin, New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.