Leonard Jack AWMM
Also known as
WWI 23/1375 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Helen Pope (mother), Wimbledon North, Dannevirke, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 8 January 1916 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Birley Darlington Doria (died 1898) and Helen Muriel Doria (later Pope) of Wimbledon, New Zealand.
Three sons fell in WW1: Jack (23/1375), Percy (22953) and Birley (23/1375).
Helen nee McKENZIE, whose three cousins; Kenzie McLean, Alexander John McLean & John Murdoch McLean (AIF) also died serving their King & Commonwealth. AWMM
- Messines Ridge (New Zealand) Memorial, Messines Ridge British Cemetery, Belgium AWMM
- Dannevirke War Memorial, The Domain, Dannevirke, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand AWMM
- St Michael's & All Angels, Porangahau, Hawkes Bay. 1914 - 1918. To the Glory of God and the honoured memory of the men from this parish who gave their lives in the Great War. This tablet has been erected by the parishioners and other friends. Bertie DORIA Jack DORIA Percy DORIA AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Leonard Jack Doria by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Leonard Jack Doria
- Scadden, J. (2018). Broken branches : New Zealand families who lost three or more children in the Great War. AWMM
Military Service Record AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
16: 1 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.