Jean Neill AWMM
Also known as
- WWI 22/117 AWMM
- WWII 820409 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 1915 AWMM C/o Reverend Dr Erwin, Christchurch, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Reverend Dr Erwin (father), Christchurch, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 10 July 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Daughter of Esther and Robert Erwin.
Two children, siblings, served in WW1: John Erwin ((6/953) and Jean Neill Erwin (22/117)
Survivor from the Marquette. Unveiled a window in the Nurse's Memorial Chapel, Christchurch Hospital in 1968.
In World War 2 she served as the commandant commandant, Southern Military District (South Island) of the New Zealand Women's Army Corps AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Jean Neill Erwin by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Jean Neill Erwin
Dear Aunty Jean
You were a lovely, kind and caring person and I loved visiting and staying with you in Dorset Street. It is only now I realise what a contribution you made to that terrible great war. You are remembered with love and respect.
Your great niece
Public - Adrienne - Other Relative - 23 April 2015
- The Evening Post AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 217 AWMM
- Reference File. Women's Archive. Auckland War Memorial Museum. AWMM
Newspaper clippings (1) AWMM
- Christchurch Star AWMM
Obituary: Christchurch Star, 26 July 1969 AWMM
- Service Women Project: Sponsorship to research this record was kindly provided by the Auckland Returned Services Association, Returned Servicewomen's Branch; Marjorie Traill, Dorothy Grant, Daphne Shaw and Margaret Woollett. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
- McNabb, S. (2015). 100 years New Zealand military nursing : New Zealand Army nursing service : Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps, 1915-2015. Hawke's Bay, N.Z.: Sherayl McNabb. AWMM
|23 April 2015||Adrienne||Porirua||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.