Frank Gordon AWMM
Also known as
WWI 2/2117 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- 15 October 1916 AWMMWounds Diseases Etc., WWI AWMM
Explosion of shell in gunpit where he was serving, unconcious for a long time, concussion, loss of speech AWMM
- 25 October 1916 AWMMWounds Diseases Etc., WWI AWMM
Likely fractured skull, transferred to England AWMM
- Jan 1917 AWMMWounds Diseases Etc., WWI AWMM
Invalided to NZ on the HS Marama AWMM
- Disembarked in NZ ex hospital ship "Marama" 8 March 1917. Public - Jenifer - Other relative - 22 September 2015 - Military File
- Discharged from further war service 3 May 1917. Public - Jenifer - Other relative - 22 September 2015 - Military Personnel File.
- Son of Ada and Albert Everett.
Seven children served from the same family in WW1: three sisters were serving as nurses Claire (22/538) and Dorothy (22/537), and Viola (AIF ); three brothers George Gordon Everett, Gerald Gordon Everett(2/215) Frank Gordon Everett (2/2117) and step-brother, Ralph Watson served as soldiers. AWMM
- Frank enlisted for war service at Motueka Tasman District with his step-brother Ralph Thomas Watson (Serial # 2/2291). They embarked for war service and trained in Egypt before being posted to France as Gunners in the New Zealand Field Artillery. On 15 October 1916 at The Somme Frank and Ralph were in the same NZ artillery gun-pit when it was struck by a German shell. Ralph was killed and Frank seriously injured (unconscious for 5 weeks). Frank was discharged from war service in February 1917. He later moved to Australia and died at Brisbane in May 1982. Public - Jenifer - Other relative - 22 September 2015 - Family papers
- Frank Everett was an Old Boy of Nelson College for Boys, Nelson, NZ.
He attended Nelson College from 1912 to 1914. Public - Jenifer - Other relative - 16 December 2015 - Ref: "School List of Nelson College : 1856-1924".
Date of death
- May Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Family Papers
- 22 May 1982 Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Family Papers
- Family papers Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Family papers
Age at death
84 Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Mt Thompson Memorial Gardens
Place of death
Suburb of New Farm, Brisbane. Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Queensland BDM
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Frank Gordon Everett by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Frank Gordon Everett
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 219 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2020). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-5). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
|18 June 2015||Jenifer ||Carterton New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.