Roy Edward AWMM
Also known as
WWI 2/1973 AWMM
6 December 1895 Military Personnel file Military Personnel file
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
- WW1 Pre Apr 1915 AWMM Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
- Port Nelson Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 6 March 2015 - Family Papers
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Mrs G. Richmond (sister), Port Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
Medals and Awards
- Military Medal (MM) AWMM
Nov 1917 AWMM
For Acts of Gallantry in the Field. Passchendaele, Ypres, Belgium. 12 October 1917 AWMM
- 1914-1915 Star AWMM
- British War Medal (1914-1920) AWMM
- Victory Medal AWMM
- Citation for Military Medal (1917):
"For gallantry and devotion to duty on 11/12 October 1917 - near St Julien. He was on two occasions lead driver of a team taking forward guns to advanced positions under heavy shell fire and along extremely difficult roads. Throughout he displayed the greatest coolness in control of his teams and disregard of his own personal safety" Public - Jenifer - Direct descendant - 11 December 2015 - Pro Patria Website NZ.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Husband of Monica Blanche (nee Feary) Everett.
Returned to NZ on the Oxfordshire 19 December 1918.
Uncle of Squadron Leader Leonard Trent (VC, DFC : RNZAF WW2) and Squadron Leader Ian Richmond (DFC : RNZAF WW2). AWMM
- Roy Everett was an Old Boy of Nelson College for Boys (1912-1912) where he excelled at rowing and tennis. Public - Jenifer - Direct descendant - 11 December 2015 - School List of Nelson College 1856-1924.
- Roy Everett was the grand-son of former Mayor of Nelson - Edward Henry Everett (1820-1904). Public - Jenifer - Other relative - 12 December 2015 - Family
- Also refer : Nelson Museum WW1 Service Database. Public - Jenifer - Direct descendant - 8 February 2016 - Nelson Museum WW1 Service Database.
- Embarked from England 19 December 1918 to return to New Zealand, on troopship "Oxfordshire". Arrived New Zealand April 1919. Discharged from further military service April 1919. Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Military Personal File
- Troopship "Oxfordshire" should read Ambulance Ship "Oxfordshire". Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 18 June 2015 - Nelson Museum
- Roy dairy farmed at Takaka, Golden Bay - Tasman District - until his death in May 1970 - aged 75 years. Public - Jenifer - Other Relative - 22 June 2015 - Family papers
17 May 1970 BDM, deaths; Cemetery record
Age 75 AWMM Takaka
, Tasman Military Personnel file
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Marsden Valley Cemetery, Stoke, Nelson, New Zealand AWMM Returned Servicemen Area, Block 02D, Plot 063 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Roy Edward Everett by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Roy Edward Everett
A great and lovely man remembered today, Anzac Day 2015, for his service to his country.
Public - Brigitte Mary - Other Relative - 25 April 2015
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 219 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
|18 June 2015||Jenifer||Carterton New Zealand||Other Relative||
|25 April 2015||Brigitte Mary||Nelson||Other Relative||
|16 April 2015||Online Cenotaph||Auckland, New Zealand||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.