Frederick John AWMM
Also known as
WWI 70073 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 28 September 1917 AWMM Rawene, Hokianga, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs S. Eyes (mother), Rawene, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 2 March 1918 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 8 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
154 pounds AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
Son of Mrs Sophie Eyes and Charles Eyes.
His medals were sent to his mother Mrs Sophie Eyes, Alexander St, Waterview, Avondale.
Left for France after being at Larkhill on 10.9.1918, arriving at Etaples on 13 September 1918. He joined the 1st Battalion, Otago Regiment , 14th Coy. in the field on 16 September 1918. He was killed in action 22 days later on 8 October 1918.
He was initially buried at Hilltop Cemetery, Lesdain. AWMM
- Hokianga Arch of Remembrance, Kohukohu, Hokianga, New Zealand AWMM
- Kohukohu Town Hall, 25 Beach Road, Kohukohu, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Frederick John Eyes by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Frederick John Eyes
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.