Also known as
WWI 12/734 AWMM
26 September 1895 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 16 August 1914 AWMM C/o W. Feather, Tuakau, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
William Feather (father), Tuakau, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 14 December 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 8 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
147 pounds AWMM
- Chest expansion, Unknown Period AWMM
38 - 40 inches AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Died of Sickness, Cause of Death AWMM
His grand nephew, grandson of Frank's sister, writes: "Frank arrived in New Zealand 16 August 1905 with his family. He was 9 years of age. The family lived in Auckland for a time, in the vicinity of the tram barns in Manukau Road / Greenlane Road. The family then moved to Otuhi, between Whangarei and Dargaville.
Frank attended Tangihua No. 1 and No. 2 schools (National Archives file YCAF 4135/64a, and 70a)
By 1914 the family had moved to Tuakau , south of Auckland. Frank worked as a carpenter and apparently lived at home until his enlistment.
A family story says Frank's pneumonia was caused by an army vehicle backing over him but this is unsubstantiated.
Frank's grave was visited by a nephew, George Donnelly (23975), during WW2 and again by a member of the NZ Genealogy Society in 1993. Family still have his medals and plaque though the scroll has long been destroyed."
His nephew was named after him, Frank David Donnelly (6879) and he served in WW2. AWMM
- Roll of Honour, Tuakau, WW1, 1914 - 1918, Tuakau Memorial Hall, George Street, Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
- Tuakau War Memorial, Tuakau Services Cemetery, corner of Alexandra Redoubt Road and Roberts Road, Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Frank Feather by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 225 AWMM
- Auckland Weekly News AWMM
Auckland Weekly News, 22 April 1915 p. 18 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.