William Henry AWMM
Also known as
WWI 12/677 AWMM
5 January 1893 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Hobart
, Tasmania Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW1 Hikurangi, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Colin Adams (father), 37 Symonds Street, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 9" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
165 lb AWMM
Son of Colin and Jane Adams, of 31, High St., Auckland.
Wounded in action and evacuated off Gallipoli to Alexandria, Egypt. Rteurned to Gallipoli and killed in action in a charge at the Pinnacle during the August Offensive.
Wounded in action, 25 April 1915 (bullet wound, left elbow); transferred to 17th General Hospital, Alexandria, 15 May 1915; to Convalescent Depot, Moustapha, 26 May 1915.
Embarked for Dardanelles to rejoin unit, 6 June 1915; rejoined unit, Gallipoli, 10 June 1915.
Killed in action, 8 August 1915.
Medals: 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal
Parents: Colin and Jane Adams, 31 High Street, Auckland AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Chunuk Bair (New Zealand) Memorial, Chunuk Bair Cemetery, Gallipoli, Turkey AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Hikurangi Primary School War Memorial, 4 Swan Ave, Hikurangi 0114 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember William Henry Adams by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
William Henry Adams
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 4 AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2005). Bloody Gallipoli: the New Zealanders' story. Auckland, N.Z.: David Bateman. AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.