Cecil Harry AWMM
Also known as
WWI 24007 AWMM
- Australia AWMM
- 23 May 1895 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs L. Graham (mother), care of Mrs Ellis, Cameron Street, Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 5" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
122 lb AWMM
Cecil Graham was the son of Helena R. D. Graham, of Sydney, Australia.
Embarked Wellington, 31 May 1916; disembarked Devonport, England, 26 July 1916, and marched in to 3rd Reserve Bn, Sling Camp.
Proceeded overseas to France, 28 August 1916; marched in to Base Depot, Etaples, 29 August 1916.
Joined 2nd Bn, Auckland Infantry Regiment, in the field, 8 September 1916.
Admitted to No 1 NZ Field Ambulance, 14 September 1916 (enteritis); rejoined Bn, 18 September 1916.
Admitted to No 3 NZ Field Ambulance, 3 January 1917 (bronchitis); transferred to NZ Divisional Rest Station, 5 January 1917; rejoined Bn, 17 January 1917.
Killed in action, 15 March 1917.
Mother: Helena R.D. Graham, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia AWMM
- Onehunga War Memorial Swimming Pool, Jellicoe Park (off Quadrant Road), Park Gardens, Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Onehunga Arch of Remembrance, Jellicoe Park (off Quadrant Road), Park Gardens, Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Cecil Harry Graham by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Cecil Harry Graham
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
33: 6 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.