Francis Joseph AWMM
Also known as
WWI 46519 AWMM
29 March 1890 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Otago
, New Zealand Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs M. Graham (mother), Waipiata, Otago, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 11" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
140 lb AWMM
Son of Michael and Maria Graham, of Waipiata
Posted to A Company, 1st Bn, NZ Rifle Brigade, Sling Camp, 20 July 1917.
Proceeded overseas to France, 5 September 1917; joined Bn, in the field, `6 September 1917.
Wounded in action, date not recorded (gun shot wound, back); admitted to hospital, France, 14 October 1917; transferred to Convalescent Depot, 17 October 1917.
Killed in action, 5 April 1918.
Parents: Michael and Maria Graham (both b. Ireland), Waipiata, Central Otago
No Form B103 on file: few details available. AWMM
Railways Roll of Honour board. Wellington Railway Station, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Image provided by John Halpin 2017, CC BY John Halpin 2017. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Francis Joseph Graham by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Francis Joseph Graham
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
62: 29 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.