George Alexander AWMM
Also known as
WWI 13187 AWMM
12 April 1895 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Otago
, New Zealand Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
William Harvey (father), Benhar, Otago, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Died of Disease, Cause of Death AWMM
Died of disease AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 10" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
164 lb AWMM
- George Harvey was the only son of William and Agnes Harvey, of Benhar, Otago, New Zealand.
War service: England.
Embarked Wellington, 26 June 1916.
Fined 8/-, 3 August 1916.
Disembarked Devonport, England, 22 August 1916.
Marched in Sling Camp and taken on strength, New Zealand Field Artillery, 22 August 1916.
Admitted to No 4 London General Hospital, London, 8 January 1917 (pneumonia).
Died, No 4 London General Hospital, 17 January 1917 (double pneumonia).
Medal: British War Medal
Parents: William and Agnes Harvey, Benhar, Otago (only son) AWMM
- Elizabeth Martha Harvey was his only sibling. She married Richard Webb. Public - Jane - Other Relative - 19 April 2015 - Family oral history
17 January 1917 AWMM
Age 21 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Brookwood Military Cemetery, Woking, Surrey, England AWMM VIII. E. 4. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember George Alexander Harvey by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
George Alexander Harvey
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
34: 21 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
|19 April 2015||Jane ||New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.