Hugh Gordon AWMM
Also known as
WWI 13/3161 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs E.M. Haswell (mother), 4 Monmouth Street, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Ayun Kara Memorial (destroyed), Palestine AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Hugh Gordon Haswell by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Hugh Gordon Haswell
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
28: 2 AWMM
- Powles, C.G. (Ed). (1928). History of the Canterbury Mounted Rifles 1914-19. Auckland, N.Z.: Whitcombe & Tombs. AWMM
Ayun Kara Memorial (since destroyed) erected at the site of the original burials to remember those who died 14 November 1917. (1922), p. 264 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
- Reddiex, G.R. (2015). Just to let you know I’m still alive.
Wellington NZ. Grantham House Publishing Public - Glenn - Researcher - 15 April 2019 - Postcard from the private collection of Glenn Reddiex, published in this book, page 169.
|16 December 2018||Sandra||Waipu||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.