POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 5 inches AWMM
- Dental, Unknown Period AWMM
Artificial upper teeth AWMM
Wife of Cecil Edward Tombleson.
Voluntary nurse in Egypt 1915
Working at the Aotea Convalescent Home in Heliopolis, near Cairo, Egypt, a privately funded institution.
Promoted to Staff Nurse 22/160A 31 May 1918.
Struck off Strength 22 January 1920, on leave for 1 year, 1920.
Retired from the Territorial Service 1925.
Named twice on Nominal Roll Volume II AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
87yrs Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 29 November 2016 - BMD NZ & NZ Archive Records
Place of death
Ruatoria, East Coast/Gisborne, NZ Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 29 November 2016 - BMD NZ & NZ Archive Records
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Nora Leslie Hughes by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Nora Leslie Hughes
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
31: 25 AWMM
- Service Women Project: Sponsorship to research this record was kindly provided by the Auckland Returned Services Association, Returned Servicewomen's Branch; Marjorie Traill, Dorothy Grant, Daphne Shaw and Margaret Woollett. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
- McNabb, S. (2015). 100 years New Zealand military nursing : New Zealand Army nursing service : Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps, 1915-2015. Hawke's Bay, N.Z.: Sherayl McNabb. AWMM
- Colin M. Gordon Album (1915-1918). Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tāmaki Paenga Hira PH-ALB-376. AWMM
|29 November 2016||Lorraine M||Gisborne, NZ||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.