William Thomson AWMM
Also known as
WWI 11/670 AWMM
21 August 1890 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Kumeroa
, Hawkes Bay Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Napier, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
William Bargrove (father), Kennedy Road, Napier, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 8" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
143 lb AWMM
Son of William and Jessie McKenzie Bargrove.
Embarked Wellington, 16 October 1914; disembarked Alexandria, 3 December 1914.
Killed in action, 9 August 1915.
Parents: William and Jessie McKenzie Bargrove, 40 Kennedy Road, Napier. Native of Kumeroa, Hawke's Bay AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember William Thomson Bargrove by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
William Thomson Bargrove
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 33 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
- HMNZT 6. Orari tatler : a souvenir of the voyage of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force from Wellington to Alexandria, Oct. 16th-Dec. 3rd, 1914. (1915). [Cairo, Egypt]: Whitehead, Morris and Co. (Egypt) Ltd. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.