Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs J.G. Ahearn (mother), Murray Street, Aramoho, Wanganui, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Son of John Gerald and Jane Mary Ahern.
Is brother of Leonard John Ahern, Serial No 25778
Is first cousin to Lewis John Moosman, Serial No 11505 AWMM
- 'Wanganui Roll Of Honour'
To our old member and shopmate, Mr J. Ahearn, his wife and family. We offer our sincere sympathy in their sad loss by the death of their son Reggie. He was killed in action in the big fighting on the west front in September. Another son (Len) is now on his way to the Front, having left with the 17th.
Railway review, 17 November 1916, p 507 Public - Jenifer - Researcher - 5 September 2017 - Railway Workers Obituaries : New Zealand History : www.nzhistory.nz.govt.
23 September 1916 AWMM
Age 21 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Dartmoor Cemetery, Becordel-Becourt, Somme, France AWMM II. C. 50. AWMM
Railways Roll of Honour board. Wellington Railway Station, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Image provided by John Halpin 2017, CC BY John Halpin 2017. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Reginald James Ahern by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Reginald James Ahern
- Eadie, Forbes. Troopships engaged in the Maori Wars, 1840-1865; in the South African War, 1899-1902; in the Great War, 1914-1918. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS-90/38. AWMM
- New Zealand Expeditionary Force. Roll of Honour. (1923). Wellington, N.Z.: Ministry of Defence. AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
16: 7 AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.