Charles Gomer AWMM
Also known as
WWI 40149 AWMM
20 March 1886 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Penarth
, Wales Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs J.I. Smith (sister), King's Street, Pahiatua, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 5" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
147 lb AWMM
- Charles Jenkins was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins, of Penarth, Wales.
Embarked Wellington, 9 June 1917; disembarked Devonport, England, 16 August 1917, and marched in to 5th Reserve Bn, Tidworth.
Reverted to Temporary Corporal, 16 August 1917; confirmed in rank of Corporal, 24 September 1917.
Proceeded overseas to France, 20 November 1917; joined 4th Bn, in the field, 15 December 1917, and posted to D Company.
Reverted to Lance Corporal at own request.
Killed in action, Belgium, 7 January 1918.
Parents: Mr & Mrs Jenkins, Penarth, Wales AWMM
- Charles was married to my Great Grandmother, Julia Rachel Jenkins ( nee Nash) & previously Pawson Public - Lindsay James - Other Relative - 20 June 2015 - Family Tree
7 January 1918 AWMM
Age 37 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Oxford Road Cemetery, Ieper, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium AWMM III. G. 9. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Charles Gomer Jenkins by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Charles Gomer Jenkins
Married to my Great- Grandmother Juliet Rachel Jenkins (nee Nash) and previously married to the late William Pawson.
Public - Lindsay James - Other relative - 22 April 2016
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
66: 21 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
|20 June 2015||Lindsay James||Hanmer Springs||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.