Victor Albert AWMM
Also known as
- 356 AWMM
- 11/674 AWMM
- South African N/N AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Defence Office, Palmerston North, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Emona Kelsall (mother), Napier, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
Medals and Awards
Mentioned in Despatches (MiD) AWMM
London Gazette, 11 October 1916, p9839, Rec No 17: 'For their fine example & conduct throughout, while in the Chunk Bair position on the 8th & 9th Aug 1915.' AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 9" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
168 lb AWMM
Victor Kelsall was the son of Mrs L Kennedy of Queens Drive, Lyall Bay, Wellington.
Native of Broughty Ferry, Scotland
Killed in action, 8 August 1915.
Mother: Mrs L Kennedy, Queen's Drive, Lyall Bay, Wellington. Native of Broughty Ferry, Scotland AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Victor Albert Kelsall by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Victor Albert Kelsall
A brave men. Never to be forgotten.
Related on my mothers side. Kelsall-Hoare.
Public - Sue - Other Relative - 12 July 2015
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 388 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2009). Rough riders at war : history of New Zealand's involvement in the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 and information on all members of the 10 New Zealand contingents. Hamilton, N.Z.: R. Stowers. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 4: Includes portrait AWMM
|12 July 2015||Sue||Nelson||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.