Also known as
WWI 12/148 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM S Liverpool Street, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
William Lambert (father), Helmore Street, Wanganui East, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Son of William and Mary L. Lambert, of 89, Hakeke St., Wanganui East. AWMM
- 'Newmarket’s Fine Record - Death of the First Recruit'
It is with deep regret that we have to report the death of Sergt. E. Lambert (painter) who was killed in action at the Dardanelles. He was the first member of Newmarket Branch to offer his services for the Empire.
Sergt. Edward Lambert, painter, of Newmarket Workshops, previously reported missing, now reported killed in action. He was the first member of the Branch to enlist. Railway review, 10 March 1916, p 101 Public - Jenifer - Researcher - 4 September 2017 - Railway Worker Obituaries : New Zealand History : www.nzhistory.govt.nz
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Lone Pine Memorial, Lone Pine Cemetery, Anzac, Turkey AWMM
- Railways Roll of Honour board. Wellington Railway Station, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Image provided by John Halpin 2017, CC BY John Halpin 2017. AWMM
- Otahuhu Railway Workshops War Memorial, corner of Piki Thompson Way, Otahuhu Auckland 1089 AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Edward Lambert by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
You were my great uncle Brother to my grandmother Sophie Elizabeth. An uncle I never new much about and you were too young to marry or have children.
You are honored every Anzac day by your extended family and the research I have done will be there for future family members
Two things stand like stone
Kindness in another's trouble
Courage in your own
Public - Amanda - Other Relative - 14 August 2015
|04 September 2017||Jenifer||Wairarapa||Researcher||
|14 August 2015||Amanda||Greta Valley North Canterbury New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.