Also known as
WWI 10/956 AWMM
13 August 1886 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM 18 Bower Street, Napier, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Mabel J. Aitken (wife), Featherston Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 7.75" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
150 lb AWMM
Husband of Mabel J. Sygrove (formerly Aitken), of Miro Rd., Upper Hutt, Wellington.
Lance Sergeant Aitken was killed in action on Chunuk Bair during the August Offensive.
Promoted Corporal, 5 May 1915; Lance Sergeant, 13 May 1915.
Medals: 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal
Wife: Mabel J. Sygrove (formerly Aitken), Miro Road, Upper Hutt, Wellington.
Regimental Number given on CWGC site as 10/965. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Gordon Aitken by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 7 AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2005). Bloody Gallipoli: the New Zealanders' story. Auckland, N.Z.: David Bateman. AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
- Auckland weekly news Public - Tracy, Charles, Benson, Ella and Arlo - Other Relative - 25 April 2015 - family history
|25 April 2015||Tracy, Charles, Benson, Ella and Arlo||Wellington||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.