Charles William AWMM
Also known as
WWI 25/29 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Mary McGahan (mother), Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 5 February 1916 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Thomas and Mary McGahan, of Harrisville Road, Tuakau.
Two sons, brothers Thomas Bernard McGahan (3140A) and Charles William McGahan (25/29) were killed in WW1.
Attended Auckland Grammar School. AWMM
- Caterpillar Valley (New Zealand) Memorial, Caterpillar Valley Cemetery, Longueval, Somme, France AWMM
- Roll of Honour, Tuakau, WW1, 1914 - 1918, Tuakau Memorial Hall, George Street, Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
- Tuakau War Memorial, Tuakau Services Cemetery, corner of Alexandra Redoubt Road and Roberts Road, Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
- Railways Roll of Honour board. Wellington Railway Station, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Image provided by John Halpin 2017, CC BY John Halpin 2017. AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Charles William McGahan by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Charles William McGahan
- Unpublished papers: family papers. AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
24: 1 AWMM
- Auckland Grammar School Chronicle. Auckland, N.Z.: Auckland Grammar School. AWMM
Obituary: 1916, Third term. pp.14-15 AWMM
- Connolly, A., & Stanes, P. Rememberance: Auckland Grammar School Great War Roll of Honour. Vols 1 & 2. Auckland: Petand Prodctions. AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.