Image Orders and Cultural Permissions
The Museum offers an image order service where rights allow. Where a suitable digital image already exists, we aim to fulfil orders within 3 weeks, because of the complexity of copyright and other necessary clearances.
For orders of objects and documentary-heritage items, particularly for publishing purposes, please allow at least 3 months' lead time to enable us to schedule acclimitisation or removal from display, cleaning, photography, and copyright and other clearances.
To purchase copies of images, please download and complete an order form, and email email@example.com.
- Image order form
- This form can be filled in electronically and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last updated on: 15 Aug 2019 | File Size: 208 kB
We take particular care with requests to use images which depict Māori or Pacific subjects or content in line with our strategic documents He Korahi Māori and Teu Le Vā. Please download these guides for more information.
- Requesting Māori images
- This guide explains the care we take with requests to use images which depict Māori subjects and content, based on Māori cultural values as outlined in He Korahi Māori: A Māori Dimension at Auckland Museum, and in line with the Museum’s commitment to partnership through the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Last updated on: 15 Aug 2019 | File Size: 1.2 MB
- Requesting Pacific images
- This guide helps explain the care Auckland Museum takes with requests to use images which depict Pacific subjects and content. Our approach is based on Pacific Island nations’ cultural values and Auckland Museum’s guiding principles and values and is in line with the Museum’s commitment to nurture relationships as outlined in Teu Le Vā: the Pacific Dimension at Auckland Museum.
- Last updated on: 15 Aug 2019 | File Size: 1 MB
Header image: Collins, Tudor Washington, 1898-1970. [A car and a man on a road amid New Zealand native bush]. c. 1940s.
PH-2013-7-TC-B303-10. Silver gelatin dry plate, 82 mm. x 107 mm. (¼ plate).