Electric vehicle charging station now available at
Auckland Museum is pleased to offer visitors an electric vehicle (EV) charging station courtesy of Vector.
- The charger is located at the southern end of the Museum with two reserved carparks for use of the station.
- This service is free of charge and is part of the Museum’s commitment to sustainability.
- FAQs about EV charging can be found on Vector’s website.
Auckland Museum can be easily reached from any part of the city, by car or public transport.
The Museum is a 30-minute walk and a 10-minute drive from the city centre. Alternatively, follow these directions to get here:
- The LINK Bus stops on nearby Parnell Road.
- The Explorer Bus stops outside the Museum every 60 minutes (30 minutes Oct – Mar).
- For train passengers, the Museum is a 10-minute walk from Grafton Station (Western line) and 15 minutes from Newmarket Station (Western/Southern lines).
View larger Google Map
The LINK bus service
Easy and simple to use to get around the CBD and city fringe suburbs on a regular timetable. Look for the red, green or orange buses.
Read all about bus times and routes.
The Explorer bus
A Hop On Hop Off Auckland sightseeing tour with commentary visiting the "Big 14 Attractions" of Auckland - stops outside the Museum entrance. Buses leave every 30 minutes from the Ferry Building, end of Queen Street (hourly in winter).
Read more about The Explorer Bus.
For Auckland trains, ferries and buses, visit the Auckland Transport website.
Museum car park
Secure undercover paid parking is available at the Museum from 6.30am to 6.30pm, your first 30 minutes free. Enter from Maunsell Road which is on the Newmarket side of the Domain. The carpark pay station accepts VISA, MasterCard, EFTPOS and cash up to $20 notes. This car park is under CCTV and security surveillance.
Free parking, subject to availability, is available in the Auckland Domain.
A limited number of disabled parking spaces are located in the underground carpark and at the Atrium Entrance. Find out more in the Disability Access section of our website.
Daily tariff 6.30 AM - 6.30 PM
- First 30 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 120 minute
- 2.5 hours
- 3 hours
- 3.5 hours
- 4 hours
- 4.5 hours
- 5+ hours
Early Bird - $10
In by 9am and out by 6.30 pm. One entry and one exit per day allowed.
Pay at the machines located in the P1 and P2 lobbies immediately BEFORE returning to your vehicle.
Evening Rate - $10
From 5pm until car park closes. Please note, credit card fees are additional.
Pay at the machines located in the P1 and P2 lobbies immediately before returning to your vehicle.
- Park your vehicle and take the ticket with you
- Pay at the machines located in the P1 and P2 lobbies immediately before returning to your vehicle
- Insert the validated/paid ticket into the exit machine
- A lost ticket is chargeable $30
- Do not park in reserved spaces
- Note that the carpark operates from 6:30am to 6:30pm. To release your car outside these hours you will be charged $30