- Cornwall Park, Auckland, New Zealand : comprising an area of 300 acres : the gift of Dr John Logan Campbell to the people of New Zealand .... / designed by Austin Strong, landscape architect... ; surveyed by James Stewart
G9081.G46O2 (Call Number)
Manuscript plan of Cornwall Park comprised of 6 sheets of paper joined together, mounted on calico; mounted onto wooden battens (top 310 cm.; lower 334 cm.)
1 ms plan : hand col, crest ; 260 x 303 cm. (longest batten 334 cm.)
- The Sir John Logan Campbell Residual Estate. (Copyright)
Cornwall Park, Auckland, New Zealand : comprising an area of 300 acres : the gift of Dr John Logan Campbell to the people of New Zealand ....
- Watermarked “James Whatman Turkey Mills Kent 1900”
- Drawn on paper by Charles Le Neve Arnold.
- Antiquarian wove paper produced by James Whatman; the Antiquarian size (31” x 52”) was the largest hand-made paper available.
- "This design was completed and handed to the Donor and Trustees of Cornwall Park by the Landscape Architect on the First of February and approved by them. Donor: J. Logan Campbell. Trustee: Arthur M. Meyers, A.W. Duthie, Robert Hall, Alfred S. Baccleuch, 1902".
- "Presented through His Royal Highness The Duke of Cornwall and York on the day of his arrival in New Zealand at Auckland on the 11th June 1901".
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.