Leslie John AWMM
Also known as
WWI 41967 AWMM
Date of birth
15 August 1893 Public - Quin - Researcher - 24 February 2018 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Comrie
Place of birth
Pukekohe, New Zealand Public - Quin - Researcher - 24 February 2018 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Comrie
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs L.E. Comrie (mother), Wapiti Avenue, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Other, WWI AWMM
Nature of Injury: Loss left leg and deafness
Percent of disability: [Not stated]
Source: New Zealand. Army (1920). List of the names of all ex-members of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force, suffering permanent disability from 20% to 100% AWMM
Attended Auckland Grammar School.
Attended Auckland University College (now the University of Auckland).
Present address (as listed in New Zealand. Army (1920). List of the names of all ex-members of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force, suffering permanent disability from 20% to 100%): Mrs. Bryant, 32 Avenue, Bruce Grove, London AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Leslie John Comrie by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Leslie John Comrie
Leslie Comrie's direct descendants were brought up at Drummie Farm Fowlis Wester near Crieff Scotland.I am also from the same lineage of Comries and stay in Fowlis Wester.
Public - Crawford - Other relative - 5 November 2018
I was told that Leslie was a recognised expert in the field of early computing this is well documented it was said he had visited Drummie Farm in the 1940''s
Thank you for the opportunity to contribute on the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war and record the sacrifices made by Leslie and other Comrie New Zealanders whose names I have seen recorded at Auckland Museum.
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume IV. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
81: 3 AWMM
- Auckland Grammar School Chronicle. Auckland, N.Z.: Auckland Grammar School. AWMM
Auckland Grammar School chronicle. 1918, Third term. pp.51-55. AWMM
- A.U.C. roll of honour, 1914 - 1920. MSS & Archives E-2, Special Collections, University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. AWMM
- New Zealand. Army (1920). List of the names of all ex-members of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force, suffering permanent disability from 20% to 100%, compiled from returns supplied by the Commissioner of Pensions, in respect to: a) Permanent War Pensions, and from returns supplied by the Director-General of Medical Services, regarding: b) Discharged and undischarged hospital patients, assessed as suffering permanent disability, but not yet in receipt of a pension at date (28-4-20). New Zealand. Director-General of Medical Services. NZ Times Co. (Printer). AWMM
- Connolly, A., & Stanes, P. Rememberance: Auckland Grammar School Great War Roll of Honour. Vols 1 & 2. Auckland: Petand Prodctions. AWMM
|24 February 2018||Quin||Tamahere||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.