Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Pukepoto, Kaitaia, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mr Rewi Aperahama (father), Te Hapua, North Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- WW2 POW - Crete List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
Crete, Greece List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
- WW2 POW - Stalag VIII-B (later 344), Lamsdorf, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
WWII 4419 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Toka Aperahama by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
This is Uncle Doc... who came home from the war quiet... with those eyes that had seen much horror... he had a wheeze from his time as a POW... and a little car that he drove so slowly that when we ran we could overtake him and he left it to my sister... I never ever heard him speak a harsh word. He lived in a little batch at my Nanas place (his sister)... Thank you for the opportunity of remembering him and the contribution that we as Maori made to the freedom of Earth
Public - Eileena Jane - Direct descendant - 20 April 2016
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 3 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1940 to 31st March, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 3: WW2 13 AWMM
- List of 2NZEF Prisoners of War. 1941-1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2009/8. AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.