Major Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
Wi Repa AWMM
Also known as
- Wirepa AWMM
- Reginald Tutu Taonga WiRepa (aka Jackson) Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
East Coast/Gisborne Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
Date of birth
23 July 1915 Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
Place of birth
Te Araroa, East Coast Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
- son of Frederick Stanley Jackson & Horowai Henderson
whangai (adopted) child of Dr Tutere WiRepa Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - research
- Brother to Everard Stanley, Mary Whati, Sydney Freyberg (Bully) and Irwin Kotau o te Rangi JACKSON Public - Horowai - Direct descendant - 23 January 2019 - Grandaughter of Tutu Wi Repa.
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Ruatoria, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs M. Wi Repa (wife), Waiomatatini, Ruatoria, New Zealand AWMM
- Unknown AWMM Married AWMM
- married Mary Baker (Ngati Porou/Rongowhakaata) and had 2 children Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
- Tutu and Mary had six children - Rongowhakaata, Frances, Doctor (Doc), Christopher, Irwin and Morgan. Public - Horowai - Direct descendant - 23 January 2019 - Grandaughter
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Date of death
6 October 1983 Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
Age at death
68 yrs Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 27 August 2015 - Research
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Tutu Wi Repa by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Tutu Wi Repa
Public - Horowai - Direct descendant - 22 April 2020
You are always in our thoughts at this time of the year. We thank you for what you did for us and our Country. We miss you and love you. Arohanui Horowai and all your mokopuna. xx
Tēnei au tō mokopuna tuarua i te tau 2019 e tuku mihi ki a koe e te Pāpā. Kei te kura ahau e rangahau ana i a koe mō tētahi o aku mahi kura e pā ana ki ngā kaupoi o te Kamupene C.
Public - Taipari Tutu Taonga - Direct descendant - 25 July 2019
Ko Taipari Tutu Taonga Wi Repa taku ingoa, he mokopuna nā Morgan, he tama nā Morgan tuarua. Tekau mā rua taku pakeke.
Moe mai rā i tō moenga roa e te Pāpā, e kore koe e warewaretia.
We love and miss you. Arohanui your granddaughter Horowai x
Public - Horowai - Direct descendant - 3 March 2017
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 3 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1940 to 31st March, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
- Soutar, M. (2008). Nga tama toa = The price of citizenship : C Company 28 (Maori) Battalion 1939-1945. Albany, N.Z.: David Bateman. AWMM
Portrait published in Soutar (2008) AWMM
- Cody, J. (1956). 28 (Maori) Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
|25 July 2019||Taipari Tutu Taonga||Te Araroa||Direct descendant||
|03 March 2017||Horowai||Tauranga, Nz ||Direct descendant||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.