Also known as
Tutea Marsh AWMM
WWII 65232 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW2 State Forest Deptartment, Pongakawa, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW2 Mr P. Marsh (father), Te Kahika, Te Puke, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
20 August 1957 New Zealand Cemetery Records. New Zealand Society of Genealogists Incorporated.
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
urupa, Te Kahika Maori Cemetery, Te Puke, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Tutea Maihi by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
I am Tutea's fourth child - in 2010 while attending our very first Family Reunion at Te Kahika, I had the opportunity of seeing my father for the first time. A couple of days before everyone arrived at the marae - someone removed my fathers photo.
Today - 31st March 2015 - whilst mucking about on the public library computer here in Fendalton Library - Christchurchurch - I thought I would just check out internet - google the 28th Battalion - see what happens.
Well, been waiting 63 years to see the father I never knew, on your site - kind of mind blowing really - a very fine looking specimen - God Bless his soul.
Public - Te Amorangi - 31 March 2015
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 4 (Embarkations from 1st April, 1941 to 30 June, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 4: WW2 237 AWMM
- New Zealand Cemetery Records. New Zealand Society of Genealogists Incorporated. AWMM
- Gardiner, W. (2019). Ake ake kia kaha e! : Forever brave! : B Company 28 (Maori) Battalion, 1939-1945. Auckland : Bateman Books. AWMM
- Cody, J. (1956). 28 (Maori) Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
|03 March 2017||Roimata||Green Bay||Direct descendant||
|31 March 2015||Te Amorangi||Otautahi||Other||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.