Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
- Unknown AWMM Otara Road, Opotiki, New Zealand AWMM
- 11 Buchanan Street , Opotiki ,New Zealand Public - Thomas Popata - Other Relative - 15 April 2015 - I am the Grand child of Harry Shaw .
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs M. Shaw (mother), Box 109, Opotiki, New Zealand AWMM
- Unknown AWMM Single AWMM
- Married , Roka Shaw , My Nan(Grandmother). Public - Thomas Popata - Other Relative - 15 April 2015 - I am the Grandchild of Harry shaw . Info passes through Family.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Harry Shaw by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 4 (Embarkations from 1st April, 1941 to 30 June, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 4: WW2 318 AWMM
- Gardiner, W. (2019). Ake ake kia kaha e! : Forever brave! : B Company 28 (Maori) Battalion, 1939-1945. Auckland : Bateman Books. AWMM
|15 April 2015||Thomas Popata||Brisbane,Australia||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.