Mr Public - Tutepakiohewa Sarah Epere - Direct descendant - 7 November 2015 - Military Personnel File
He is my grandmother Kararaina Te Kaiaotea Tahuriorangi Paora brother. Kaiaotea was my great grandfather who was Tamehana father. Tamehana was the youngest sibling of my grandmothers family and was burried in Crete Malta Turkey.
- Thompson Kaiaotea AWMM
- Thompson Kaiaotea Public - Tutepakiohewa Sarah Epere - Direct descendant - 7 November 2015 - Thompson was the pakeha name for Tamehana.
- Tahuriorangi AWMM
- Tahuriorangi Public - Tutepakiohewa Sarah Epere - Direct descendant - 7 November 2015 - Tahuriorangi is my grandmothers family name.
Thompson Kaiaotea Tahuriorangi Public - Tutepakiohewa Sarah Epere - Direct descendant - 7 November 2015 - Military Personnel File
Also known as
- Thamehana AWMM
- Tamehana Kaiaotea Tahuriorangi Public - Tutepakiohewa Sarah Epere - Direct descendant - 7 November 2015 - The name Tamehana Kaiaotea Tahuriorangi is what we knew him as.
- 65432 AWMM
- 65432 Public - Tutepakiohewa Sarah Epere - Direct descendant - 7 November 2015 - Military Personnel File
He is also in the Rotorua War Memorial Council Building.
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Mourea, Rotorua, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs K. Tahuriorangi (wife), Mourea, Rotorua, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Thompson Kaiaotea Tahuriorangi by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Thompson Kaiaotea Tahuriorangi
Tamehana Tahuriorangi is my Grandfather, father of my father Jeremy Daniel Tahuriorangi also known as Baldy to most.
Public - Sharella - Direct descendant - 20 December 2018
Back in the day we knew our Uncle Thompson as Uncle PEG LEG, cos he had a wooden leg.
Public - June Takare - Direct descendant - 6 August 2016
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 4 (Embarkations from 1st April, 1941 to 30 June, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 4: WW2 343 AWMM
- Gardiner, W. (2019). Ake ake kia kaha e! : Forever brave! : B Company 28 (Maori) Battalion, 1939-1945. Auckland : Bateman Books. AWMM
- Cody, J. (1956). 28 (Maori) Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
|25 April 2019||Sharissa||Brisbane, Australia||Direct descendant||
|20 December 2018||Sharella||Australia||Direct descendant||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.