Roy Nicolas AWMM
Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM 80 Wellington Street, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs E. Bohne (mother), Wattenden Arms, Kinley, Surrey, England AWMM
Pre 5 January 1940 AWMM Single AWMM
- WW2 POW - Stalag III-D, Berlin-Steglitz, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
WWII 7222 AWMM
Lance Corporal Courlander returned to New Zealand on board Mooltan.
It was reported in the Evening Post, 20 December 1945, p. 8, that Lance Corporal Courlander had been found guilty of helping the enemy and sentenced to 15 years' hard labour. Having been taken prisoner of war it appears that he assisted the Germans by doing broadcasting to Britain and endeavouring to persuade British prisoners of war to join the British Free Corps to fight the Russians. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Roy Nicolas Courlander by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Roy Nicolas Courlander
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 1 (Embarkations to 31st March, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 1: WW2 42 AWMM
- The New Zealand Herald AWMM
13 November 2010 AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
- Dawson, W. (1961). 18 Battalion and Armoured Regiment. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.