Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Okaihau, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs M. Kaiawe (wife), Waimate North, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 21 Feb 1944-31 March 1944 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Kaikohe War Memorial Hall, Memorial Drive Kaikohe Far North AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Robin Kaiawe by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Robin Kaiawe is my mothers brother.- Te Pa O Ratana Parangi also known as Moira Watson, born 8th July 1932.
Which makes Robin my uncle.
Always spoken of often and never forgotten.
Love always Donna,-(Children) Marcus, kyllie, Lacey, Terauhuia, (Mokos) Iosua, Ella-Marie, Halo and Isaiah. XXX
Public - Donna Catherine - Direct descendant - 30 April 2016
I was raised in the knowledge that I was treasured by my grandfather. Your spirit and love surrounded me as I was growing up despite your passing some 27 years prior to my birth. Your brothers and sisters stepped in on your behalf and ensured that I never lacked the love of my Papa. I belonged to them as much as they belonged to me and look back fondly on the many times that I made them proud. They are all gone now, reunited with their brother. Every year that I take the time to I remember you, I will take the time to remember them and the contribution they were to me. Arohanui...Tania
Public - Tania - Other Relative - 21 March 2015
- Cody, J. (1956). 28 (Maori) Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1945). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 13 (Embarkations from 1st January, 1944 to 31st March, 1944). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 13: WW2 65 AWMM
- Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
|30 April 2016||Donna Catherine||New Zealand||Direct descendant||
|21 March 2015||Tania||Auckland||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.