Also known as
- Snowy Moa AWMM
- S. Moa AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 1941 AWMM Pawarenga, Far North, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mr R. Moa (father), Pawarenga, Far North, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 1 December 1942 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Koroneihana Moa was the eldest son of Rupapera Moa and Ana Moa, of Broadwood
Born at Waipapakauri in 1918, he was educated at Rotokakahi School before later taking up farming.
He enlisted in May 1941 and went overseas in December 1942.
Listed as S. Moa on the Hokianga Memorial AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Hokianga Arch of Remembrance, Kohukohu, Hokianga, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Koroneihana Moa by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
My name is Korneihana i am 14 years old, even tho i have never meet you i am one of the koroneihana that have been named after you groining up we saw your photo everyday on nannys wall she is your sister nanny mary-ann Moa she is my mothers fathers mothers so that is how we are linked. awsome to acturlly get information about you and iv seen you for meny years.
Public - Koroneihana - Other relative - 27 September 2015
- Northland roll of honour and servicemen of WW II [electronic resource]. (2002). Whangarei, N.Z.: Returned Services Association. AWMM
- Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
- Cody, J. (1956). 28 (Maori) Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1945). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 9 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1942 to 31st December, 1942). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 9: WW2 279 AWMM
|27 September 2015||Koroneihana||Auckland New zealand||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.