Also known as
- Albert Kiri AWMM
- Albert Hoani Kiripatea AWMM
- Albert Kiri AWMM
WWI 16/167 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW1 Pre Nov 1914 AWMM 4 Selwyn Street, Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Manu Tuki (brother), Matata, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Son of Patate Paratomeo (also known as Merepaea Paratomeo), she was living at Matata and so was Manu Tuki (20616), her second son to go to war.
He served as Albert Kiri and signed the Scroll of the 1st New Zealand Maori Contingent in 1915 as A. Kiri. The name on his headstone is A.H. Kiripatea. His son notes his name is Kahutia Kiripatea.
Manu, his brother, is named as next kin on the Embarkation Roll and his name was misspelled as Maku. AWMM
- Albert Hoani Kiripatea Public - Te Rangikaheke - Child - 16 July 2015 - Personal knowledge of my father. He also had the name Kahutia Kiripatea. He enlisted as Albert Harold Kiri.
29 October 1967 Whanau informant
Age 81 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Rotorua Cemetery and Crematorium, 160 Sala Street, Rotorua, New Zealand AWMM Block 6 Section RSA Plot 317 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Kahutia Kiripatea by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Always remembered , never forgotten. Your great granddaughter - Dionne Arotia Kerrigan-Pele
Public - Dionne - Direct descendant - 14 October 2016
Ka nui te mihi ki a koe e Pa, raua ko to teina Manuhuia Tukihaukore.
Public - Te Rangikaheke (Ivin) - Child - 23 April 2015
My thoughts are with you during this momentous period in time, your grandson Kevin Kiri
Public - Kevin - Other Relative - 13 April 2015
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 397 AWMM
- Soutar, M. (2019). Whitiki! Whiti! Whiti! E!: Maori In the First World War. New Zealand: David Bateman Ltd. AWMM
|14 October 2016||Dionne||Rotorua||Direct descendant||
|16 July 2015||Te Rangikaheke||Rotorua||Child||
|23 April 2015||Te Rangikaheke (Ivin)||Rotorua||Child||
|13 April 2015||Kevin||Brisbane Australia||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.